Saturday, May 30, 2020

Oriental, NC

I had some extra cloth left over from the quilt top and decided a nice finishing touch would be a couple of pillow shams. 


The logical letters were our initials, KM and DM.   Of course, the "M" is the most difficult to piece together.....

I did the same method as before, just sewed the triangles to uncut white pieces.



And trimmed off the white to make a perfect square.



Completed "M's"



The "K M" block, trimmed in grey.



And the "D M" block.  I know, they're very similar colors.



The completed "K M" pillow sham top.



And the complete "D M" top (upside down).  Unfortunately, I did run low on the blue border cloth due to a slight miscalculation.....one of the borders is 1" narrower than the others.  I hope it won't be be very noticeable.


Now I've got to ask my quilting expert (Sharon) how to proceed from here to construct the pillow sham backing!

1 comment:

  1. I think those are super cute and they turned out perfect...and I love the same-y-ness of them...
    Love,
    T

    ReplyDelete