Friday, May 22, 2020

Oriental, NC

It rained buckets, all day long....

I worked pretty much the entire day on the quilt squares.

Two of the flags are an "X" pattern - the M and the V flags.  For some reason, the pattern program from Sharon didn't give the dimensions of the interior pieces.



 So I decided to free -hand that a bit.  Instead of cutting the white pieces exactly per the pattern, I decided that simple strips would work, cutting them to fit after sewing.




Ready for final assembly.



And then cut off the extra.  Much more simple than cutting all the little angles before assembly.



The finished square.  I did this technique for the red/white "V" flag as well.



That's it for the day - all the way to "Z"!   Good fun.



A soggy run 5 steps to What If for dinner.  I brought guacamole and chips, Cathy served their last Mahi pieces and a wonderful cheesecake.  Yeah, I'm glad the batteries on our scales ran out back in February!!

1 comment:

  1. WOW!...again...you're going to be finished...like...tomorrow...they are so bright and cheerful looking...
    Love,
    T

    ReplyDelete