Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Oriental, NC

I had a package of "Little Smokies" in the freezer and thought I'd make some little pigs-in-a-blanket appetizers.  But I didn't have any crescent rolls like I usually use.  So I googled for a scratch made recipe.  Here's what I used -  pigs-in-a-blanket-from-scratch

The dough was very "tender" and a little difficult to work with.  I was afraid to handle it too much as I read the caution in the recipe against it.



You'll notice the "pigs" on the left have a roasted carrot stick in them all for me since I can't eat the beef Smokies.

The dough was a little hard to handle and didn't turn out at all like the photos on the recipe blog....but they rarely do, I suppose.



But they turned out yummy no matter what they looked like.



A small sailboat tacked really close to us so I got out my camera and recorded them for a few minutes.  They were having a good sail on a very blustery day!



1 comment:

  1. Hey K,
    That's a neat video of the little boat...looks like fun...the carrot piggies look good...I once went to a lot of trouble to make a carrot hot dog...https://affectioknit.blogspot.com/2017/02/vegan-carrot-hot-dogsand-movie-series.html...and they were really good...and the video from you last comment...so sad...
    Love,
    T

    ReplyDelete