Saturday, May 23, 2020

Oriental, NC

I was so happy to see the sun!!  Even a mostly cloudy sky was better than all-day-and-night rain!





I worked pretty much the entire day on the quilt.  First I trimmed each of the blocks to the 11" square measurement.  I ended up re-making 2 of them because they ended up too small somehow.   Then I cut out the 100 small grey pieces needed for the first border.  This is what was accomplished by days end.



It was my turn to cook dinner.  I'd seen a recipe in our little Carolina Country magazine that comes from our electric company.   The last page is always reader-submitted recipes and they're often very interesting.

Peas and carrot fritters -  I'd made sure I had the ingredients on the last Walmart order.  Turned out lovely and different! 



Here's the (greasy) recipe.    The tzatziki was wonderful,  Duane preferred to use ranch dressing instead.


1 comment:

  1. Hey K,
    ...glad it's sunny there...we had a crazy storm...power off for hours in the evening...so no movie...trees down...two small pines in our backyard...but two huge hickory trees fell over at the Church...
    ...your quilt looks amazing...I knew it would though...and the fritters look good...I think I could do that with some of my vegan eggs...I like peas and carrots...
    Love,
    T

    ReplyDelete