Saturday, March 26, 2022

Little Ragged Cut, Ragged Islands, Bahamas

 Since my oven is still broken....I have been invited to bake bread in Meshugga's oven any time I need to.  I made two loaves and carried them over in the dinghy first thing in the morning.  Didn't snap a photo but you know the process....

Later, I was chatting with my mom on the phone for almost 1 1/2 hours - we catch up occasionally on all the goings-on at home.  The Meshugga crowd got some Hobie-Cat sailing time.

Jenny and Mike on board with Nicholas taking some instruction.

 

Duane went over to Dragonfly to help Chris with a wind-generator issue and had a nice tour of the boat.  (I was still chatting with Mom).

 

And then Jenny apparently departed the Hobie.  Nicholas and Mike had a nice long training session.  (I was still chatting with Mom, haha).

 

And snapped this lovely photo of Meshugga just because I thought it was peaceful and pretty.


 

 

After lunch the winds were finally calm enough for a snorkel.

 

Pretty reef.


We got two lobsters, not terribly big though.  Didn't even bother with a photo.  Lobster season is over March 31st so these will be some of the last few we take.

 

The current was still running in the cut and Nicholas ended up having to jump in our dinghy rather than be swept away.  We returned him over to his dinghy!

 

On a different part of the reef it was nice to see healthy staghorn coral.

 

Back to the boats for a bit of a rest.  Nicholas and Jenny went ashore ahead of time and deployed this nice sunshade.  It's stretch material like jersey and it's held in place by pockets filled with sand.  Cool!  (Although by the time sunset arrived it was un-necessary because it turned quite cloudy...)





2 comments:

  1. Hey K,
    ...pretty coral...Our Airman and his all-female crew went to a coral farm and sent us a bunch of pics...it was really interesting...they are of course trying to save their coral reef too...and I'm so glad you got to suffer some warm ear syndrome with Mom...she's supposed to be doing a BLOG POST....oh MY!...so be on the lookout for that...I kept asking her to send me photos of things we were talking about...and I finally said this would be a lot easier if you'd just put them on your blog...haha...I said Karen would love to see them too...
    Love,
    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool - I didn't know he had an all-female crew!! I'll be on the look out for a hallofflowers post! Love, K

    ReplyDelete