Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Sandy Point Cove, Great Inagua, Bahamas

Sortof a busy day.

The bag that holds our dinghy hoist lines is in a sad state....I've been meaning to replace it for a long time, just never got around to it....



I took the bag off and got out some leftover Phifertex that I had used on the sling seat.



Deconstructed the bag to use as a pattern.



I won't bore you with the details, just cut identical pieces of the new fabric and sewed it together using the same method of puckers and darts to give it plenty of shape.



Works great!   And looks so much better!



While we had the generator on to power my sewing machine, we  made water and did another load of laundry.  The wind is whipping at 25+ knots -  I used extra clothes pins to make sure none blew away!  Everything dry in about 10 minutes!  (It's a high-efficiency washing machine, so the clothes come out really wrung-out, add the sunshine and the speedy wind = quick dry!)



Just a lovely view.



Sunshine makes all the difference!



Then it was time for haircuts!!  I trimmed Duane first, then he got to cut mine - he's acting here like the "mad stylist".....




I think he does a great job!!!




Then it was off to Now & Zen for "bring your own lobster night".



Yummy!!  Duane had some BBQ from Siler City....great day!


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the new DO...and that pic of Duane is hilarious...also love the new pouch...it looks perfect!
    Love,
    T

    ReplyDelete