Saturday, March 21, 2020

Landrail Point, Crooked Island, Bahamas

We went ashore in the afternoon after the mailboat had delivered supplies to the small store.  There is a nice protected "boat basin" for the small boats that has been quarried out of the limestone.







The road walking to town.  (And I use "town" loosely..it's really just a couple of houses, one restaurant and the store).






And the cutest, smallest library I've seen!  (Not open due to the corona virus).






OK, so fresh supplies brought out all the cruisers....I don't think we kept the requried 3-6 foot distance from each other!  There was a rush because it was Friday late afternoon.  The locals are mostly of the Seventh Day Adventist faith and the store has to close at sundown according to their beliefs. 






Back to the boats - several more boats in the anchorage to wait out the east winds and the corona virus.





We were parched when we got back to the boat - I pulled out the fixin's for "Sprite".  I "fizzed" a bottle of cold water.  Then it's simply putting a cupful of the sugary syrup in the bottle and shaking it.  I wanted to show you my method for making ice cubes.  I don't have a huge amount of room in my freezer - too much fish and lobster in there!!!  So regular ice cube trays are problematic and take up too much space.  So, I've got these small Rubbermaid containers - I just fill them 3/4 full of water and toss them around in spaces in the freezer.  And they make a big ice cube that seems to last a long time and makes the drink so much better than without.....small pleasures, people!!!


And I wanted to show you a new item that Leslie pointed out at the store.  She'd gotten them and I wanted some!  They're cherry tomatoes and they're so fresh and good tasting you can use them on a salad!!  I'll show you when I use them.



That's about it for the day.....we had a yummy curry on Now & Zen.  View back to the anchorage during dinner -  notice that it's 3 Mantas.....Two  Loons, What If and Sojourn.


1 comment:

  1. Hey K,
    ...the fizzy drinks sound yummy...but too cold here for that...the tomatoes sure look interesting...I wonder what process they use for canning them...
    Love,
    T

    ReplyDelete