Monday, April 3, 2023

Port Howe/Reef Harbour, Cat Island, Bahamas

 I forgot to show you the yummy bagels I made yesterday....I had used my "Everything Bagel Sprinkles" to make the crust on my seared tuna the other night....and that reminded me that I should make some bagels....

The usual.


 

Boiled in sugar water.

 

Egg wash applied and sprinkled with Everything Bagel seasoning.

 

Baked until golden.

 

Cooled and bagged for breakfast!


We pulled anchor in the morning and headed back to our favorite fishing grounds on the south end of Cat Island.

Were rewarded with a nice Mahi after an hour or so of trolling.

 

We trolled for another couple of hours with no luck.....came back to Reef Harbour.  The winds have calmed and it's just beautiful.

 

We've anchored here a couple of times but have never gone ashore....so explored a bit this time.

 

Walking on the main road we came across the Sweet Tamarind Restaurant and Bar.  A nice looking little establishment.  We wandered up to the door but it was closed.  Never fear, Daisy who owns it lives just across the road and came over to open up for us!!  We chatted with her for a long time while we sipped our cold refreshments.  I guess she's the "Sweet" in the name of the bar.  Notice my hat - she does lots of basket weaving and makes hats too.


Love my hat - it lets me have my ponytail up on top of my head so it's perfect and plenty wide-brimmed for sun protection.


Back to the boat for a bit of a rolly evening.  Grilled Mahi for dinner and one of the last episodes we have of the Vera series.  More fishing tomorrow probably!


2 comments:

  1. I love the hat, too, and looking forward to sharing a piece of that mahi when we are finally back together.

    ReplyDelete