Saturday, April 8, 2023

Meeks Patch, Eleuthera, Bahamas

 Another travel day.....was a great sail with a reef in the main, still averaged 6-7 knots.  I can't say I was bored while sailing, but with little to do I wandered around the boat with the camera. Since I've shown you what "yucky" sailing looks like,  I thought I'd show those who haven't sailed with us before what it's like on a typical "nice" sailing day.


 


Approaching Current Cut - we left the sails up as the wind was steady and from a good direction.  We'd timed it well since the current was 5 knots in our favor!!

 

The beautiful shoreline near Current Settlement.

 

The Current Pride ferry tied up just at the edge of the cut.

 

We'd originally aimed at anchoring just on the west side of the cut....but the anchorage was a bit rolly.  Since we still had the sails up we decided just to point another 6 miles over to Meeks Patch for some wind protection.  The "fast ferry" from Nassau motored past us on our way. 


We enjoyed watching Top Gun Maverick with a thrown together-with-some-leftovers-soup for dinner. 


2 comments: