Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Dinghy Chaps Day 1

Yes, another saga is beginning!!!

The new dinghy needs  new clothes!

Same drill as last time..... 

Using cheap shower curtain liners and tons of masking tape, I made the pattern for 1/2 of the dinghy.  (The other side should theoretically be a mirror image).




Then I took the pattern pieces and rough cut them out of marine grade Sunbrella material.  It's tougher and therefore stiffer than the Sunbrella material you'd use for an outdoor cushion or umbrella.


All cut and ready to start fitting/sewing.  All this in 90+ degree heat!  Yuck!


But that's all for today - we've got a picnic this afternoon that replaces our sailing club trip that was cancelled for weather.

1 comment:

  1. ...nice work...and a lot of it...the heat makes it all seem harder too...
    Love,
    T

    ReplyDelete