Friday, February 10, 2023

Little Ragged Cut, Ragged Islands, Bahamas

 We woke to a blustery and cloudy day.  Pretty view back towards Meshugga.

After breakfast, I was reading on my Kindle when I heard the drone of a plane - it became increasingly loud so I got up to investigate - I had no camera with me - Michele from Mimi sent this photo of Sojourn.  It was the US Coast Guard patrol but was flying extremely low!!

In the early afternoon we took a long walk along the windy shoreline....the seas are really rolling in!

 

We left for this walk sortof on the spur-of-the-moment.  I didn't pack a backpack or anything.  Just took our Topsider boat shoes and my camera.  This was a mistake because I didn't realize that I had gotten two blisters walking into Duncan Town yesterday.  I quickly realized this was going to be a problem but I had no bandaids or tape to help myself.  The alternative was to go barefoot....but along the way I quickly found footwear in the flotsam! 

 

The sandal on my right foot was a perfect fit - I LOVE this sandal - it's all foam like a Croc and fits snuggly.  I tried to search for them online when we returned but have not found a similar item for sale now.  The only insignia is C.H.S.  Bummer - I would definitely buy these!  I walked over 4 miles in these shoes and they were terrific!


Back to the walk - beautiful seas.

 

The sun was in/out.


 

The afternoon sun was fading so time to get back to the boat.


 

Back at the dinghy Duane found a HUGE hermit crab in a fairly small conch shell....


Back to the boat for dinner.  We watched a movie recommended by Robert - apparently my "everything bagels" reminded him of it...."Everything, Everywhere, All at Once".  (An everything bagel plays prominently)  It's silly and bawdy at times but a really, really good and well made movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment