Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Buena Vista Cay, Ragged Islands, Bahamas

 We got back in the water for a nice snorkel.  The seas were still pretty churned up with the strong east winds....but we made the best of it.  Good exercise swimming against a current!

 

I'm always trying to get a good photo of a parrot fish....they bend and curve and swim too fast though!

 

I just love the vibrant colors!


 

The reef was just teaming with life.

 

This green turtle was napping....but I woke him up swimming overhead.

 

Off he went...


 

 Duane speared 3 lobsters!

 

 

Back at the boat, I cleaned the antennae and legs.

 

Vacuum packed for later use in a salad or sauce. Very yummy part of the lobster.

 

Later in the day it was laundry time....breezy conditions dried the clothes in just a few minutes.


And late in the evening a US Coast Guard helicopter flew low over the anchorage checking out all the boats!


I made some yummy garlic-lemon-cheesy sauce for pasta.  I had mine with lobster and I sauteed some chicken for Duane's.  

Watched another quirky episode of the British series Vera, lulled to sleep by gentle waves slapping the hulls.

No comments:

Post a Comment