Saturday, June 11, 2022

Pittsboro, NC

We had too many clothes.  Just years and years of clothes.  Not sure how it gets out of control, but it does somehow.  And we don't really even "shop" for clothes.  Mostly it's just too many tee-shirts bought at locations we visit.  We actually stopped buying vacation tee-shirts several years ago.  Not a single one from the Bahamas!  

So I started with my clothes -they're hung in the guest room closet.  I've got clothes from 20 years ago.  Out of date high waist chinos and jeans.  Out of fashion cotton button-up shirts.  Weird dresses and suits with 1980's shoulder pads.  I was brutal - if I hadn't worn it in 2 years on the pile it went.   If it was a size 10 - on the pile it went.  I did keep a few "sentimental" pieces but I'm happy with how loose the clothes are on the rack now.  

 

All packed up and ready for the PTA Thrift Shop in Pittsboro!


And amazingly, after lunch I convinced Duane to help me with all his clothes.

We purged all his old IBM work clothes.  Lots of starched dress shirts still in the plastic from the cleaners.  About 50 various silk ties.  Plus we sorted thru and only kept a few shirts/shorts with grease/bleach stains for work shirts.  

 

The haul from Duane's clothes.  The bags are more full because his clothes are all just heavier/more material.

 

Loaded in the pickup and took it to the PTA Thrift store - this fellow helped me load it all into carts - not sure why the photo shows him with such an odd expression.  He was actually very cheerful and posed when I asked him if I could take a photo. 


So the house is about 1000 pounds lighter!!  Feels good.


2 comments:

  1. You could have made a new sail, salon cushion covers and cockpit enclosure out of all those clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that’s a huge clean out of clothes. Good job!

    ReplyDelete