Saturday, June 13, 2020

Pittsboro, NC

I won't trouble you with complaints about my wood-stripping saga.....yet it continues.

I did get one thing accomplished to completion.   I had stripped the berth of all the linens including the mattress pads and pillows and brought them home to the "big washer".  The pillows were in cotton zippered covers, but they still were in need of a thorough cleaning after 6 months at sea.  So, in individual loads on the "Bedding" setting, I washed them in hot water with bleach.  They came out beautifully clean but lumpy.   After a good bit of massaging and manipulating, I got them back into (mostly) their original shapes.  I left them out to dry as I thought using the dryer would make them lumpier.  Will be nice to have all fresh linens when we return to the boat!



2 comments:

  1. Hey K,
    ...always nice to accomplish things like that...I've never had much luck washing pillows...I still have the one that Daddy used in the bunk on the truck...it's a small-ish foam 'nugget' pillow...not sure what else to call it...I still sleep with it every night...
    Love,
    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, that's sweet about the pillow! Love, K

    ReplyDelete