So, I am taking this opportunity to finally sew on the nice registration placard we bought when we were back in Texas.
This is a photo of the dinghy when we first bought the boat. It has the previous owner's registration numbers showing thru a cut-out in the dinghy chaps.
And this was my solution to temporarily display our NC registration numbers - done with black electrical tape! Don't look closely - I "free-handed" those characters.... Ugly but legal.
But now that I have the dinghy chaps removed, it is time to fix it properly!
So I just measured the "hole".....
And cut out patches of sunbrella material to cover the holes on each side.
Top stitched the borders - the placard is a very heavy plastic coated canvas. My machine sews it easily.
Patches ready - I sewed the placards on with black UV resistant thread so you can't really see that.
And now the "hole" is covered and we're going to be all legal once I attach my NC Wildlife registration sticker. Note that I did several other repair patches (like the one on the bottom left). The dinghy gets some serious abuse up against docks! (That's one of the purposes of the chaps - to protect the dinghy from protruding "stuff" on docks!)