Saturday, June 23, 2018

A little sail repair

Our jib (the front sail) had a couple of small holes in it when we bought the boat.  Don't know where they came from.  We had put some sail repair tape on both sides before we headed to the Bahamas.  This held well and kept the holes from enlarging, but we wanted a more permanent repair.

 I know, it's all white, but you can see the patch and the holes.

We dropped the sail a bit and I used the sewing machine as best I could to stitch the patch in place.

 But I was not able to sew around the corners because the sail is just so large and stiff. 

So, we got out the awl.

Between the sewing machine and the awl, we got the patch sewn nicely! 

The sail is not terribly pretty but it's in good physical shape.  Should last a few more seasons in the tropics!!!

1 comment: