Thursday, January 20, 2022

Little Ragged Cut, Bahamas

I added a "My Favorites" tab to the right.  Since Dee often has photos of us on her blog, Meshugga-  I thought you might enjoy seeing them.  (I read it with Dee's South-African voice/accent in my brain.)

We were getting low on fresh veggies so we went over to the airport in the dinghy at high tide (the water gets too shallow later so we had to do it in the morning).  There isn't really a good place to land the dinghy so we anchored it a bit off the shoreline and waded in thru the rocks.  (note to self, put water shoes in the dinghy for this trip in the future!)

 

We were walking towards Duncan Town when Little Greg and Kennedy stopped in their pickup and offered a ride into town.  Of course we accepted!  (It's almost 2 miles into town).  I sat in the back seat with two little cousins.  Such nice folks.

 

And Duane sat in the back with a couple of barrels.  He was happy for the ride - just doesn't look that way in this snap.

 

I had called Maxine the night before to make sure she was going to be home.  As usual, I called to her thru the open windows and she opened up the store for us.  She was fairly well stocked and we got a lot of good stuff!

 

Maxine offered to call one of her kinfolk to haul us back to the airport but we declined.  It was a pleasant walk back.  Always a goat or two along the way.

 

Down the cutout towards the airport

 

There is a brand new airport building - we were surprised to see.  There is no scheduled service into this airport or fuel, so not sure of it's purpose.  Maybe some day in the future we'll come here in the airplane though.   (We would have to stop somewhere along the way as we can't fly here on one tank of fuel from Florida).


Back to the boat.  Forgot to mention that I saw a box of bananas at Maxine's.  I asked about them and she said that her sister had sent them from Nassau as they were  on a tree in her back yard and that folks were stealing them.  I asked if they were for sale and she said, like she often does, "no but I'll give you some".  So sweet.  Can't wait for them to ripen a bit.


I'd planned on burgers (beef for Duane, lobster for me) for the evening meal.  Had to make some buns!

 

Turned out great!

 

And the sandwiches were yummy!



2 comments:

  1. Hey K,
    ...yummy veg...and delicious looking buns...sweet little goatie...
    Love,
    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. rb88 - Home | Twitter Search
    rb88.com ·. #rb88bet. rb88. Home. rb88. R.B.B.R. Betting Results ·. #b88bet. rb88. Home. rb88. 0. happyluke 0. 0. 0. 바카라사이트 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. 0. rb88 0. 0. 0. 0. 0.

    ReplyDelete