Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Little Ragged Island, Bahamas

So I may have mentioned that we are watching a few episodes of The Sopranos most nights. In one of the episodes Carmella is having a discussion with her son's principal and he mentions that she should read Madame Bovary.  So I made a note of it and have been reading it for the past couple of days. 

 


I've never read it before, and it's not an easy read. I kept having to Google things because it was written originally in French in the mid 1800s and there are all kinds of references/words that I didn't understand the meaning.  Glad I read it, but it's another one of those books like Moby Dick that were more like work than pleasure.  

 

Mid-day, Duane and I went ashore to burn some trash and take a little walk at low tide on the sandbar.  Our view going to the beach with What If in the foreground. 

 

Mostly cloudy, breezy and about 80 degrees.


 

 

Starfish out of water.  He'll be fine when the tide comes back in.


 

Just a nice relaxing wander.


 

And the calm little tidal pond.



 Pretty little trinkets I picked up on the beach. 



2 comments:

  1. Hey K,
    ...I read Madame Bovary in French when I was in college...I've seen a few movie versions of it as well...it's definitely NOT a happy story...you should read Le Rouge et le Noir now...haha...
    Love,
    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked it up - and I can get it from the Gutenberg collection......but I think I'll read some lighter fare for a while!!!

    ReplyDelete