Buckle up, lots of photos today! Touring Wurtzberg, Germany
The Marienberg Fortress was home to the prince bishops for over a 1000 years before they moved to the Residenz across the river. We won't tour the Fortress, but will get a guided tour of the residence.
The front entrance of the residence
Inside it's stunning. Our guide gave us information about many of the frescoes that I would have never figured out.
This grand staircase lead from an open area that the carriages drove thru to drop guests.
We went from room to room, gazing at the ornate surroundings. Much of this was destroyed and rebuilt after WW2....I'm just going to load many photos. I don't really have commentary- I believe they just had these lavish rooms to show off their wealth....crazy details all around.
Out to the gardens.
A final look before heading out on our own to do some more touring.
A lovely city.
Killian's Cathedral
Street scenes.
Another view of the Marienberg Fortress
St. Michael's Cathedral
Some street art.
St. Peter's Cathedral And getting late in the day, time for a restroom break. This is the lady's stall....hmmmm....I made it work!
But this is the hallway leading to the restrooms.....a clear view for all to see thru this window to the urinals....sorry, I just thought it was funny.
Back to the boat for dinner and castle off!
No comments:
Post a Comment