Thursday, September 3, 2026

RDU airport

Good morning!  We’re up bright and early today on the way to Budapest!  

We used our Global Entry/TSA Precheck and Touchless entry for the first time.  Was really nice to just walk thru in minutes vs. The hundreds of people in the standard TSA screening line.  

At the American Airlines lounge now, first flight is to Philadelphia. We have a long layover there before boarding the 8+ hour flight to Budapest. Nice to have a quiet place to wait and yummy snacks. 



And I did want to mention that this is the anniversary of my dad's death over 30 years ago.  I know he would have enjoyed seeing my life and travels!

5 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful trip! Tom and Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bon Voyage. Looking forward to your travel posts. Any info yet as to whether the little rain in Europe this past week has resulted in raised river levels?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Dee, I believe the water levels are not improved. The email I got from Viking warns us of interruptions involving bus rides and some hotel stays. Regardless we are going to go with the flow (or non-flow haha)!

      Delete
    2. You may see something by bus you might have otherwise missed. Making lemonade out of lemons! Bon Voyage!!

      Delete
  3. Amazing, Viking is paying for all hotels and meals that we won’t have on the river boat. Plus they’re giving us a $6000 credit towards a future cruise. Seems like some pretty sweet lemonade!

    ReplyDelete