Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Pittsboro, NC

 I mentioned that Keith and Denise gave me bags of greens - I washed and cooked them.

Beautiful Swiss chard and some collards.

 

Literally, a 13 gallon garbage bag completely full of greens cooked down to these two large storage tubs.  Really, really good!  I used some of the "greens seasoning" my sweet sissy sent and it's just the right amount of spicy-ness.


And of course, it's my birthday!  My first time having a 59th birthday, that is.  I think that's the same birthday I'll repeat from now on.....

Care package from said sweet sissy and a gift card from my Mom.   The dish rags are great - she pays attention when I comment on things, for sure.  She made them dark colored for me specially because I commented that it's so hard to keep a white dish rag clean looking on the boat.  (I don't use a lot of bleach on the boat in the laundry).

 

And I love, love, love my new dish towel!!


Ended the day with a nice neighbor visit & drinks on the deck with Dick & Lindy and Pat & Diane.  Fun catching up.

1 comment:

  1. Hey K,
    ...so glad you had a nice Birthday!...and the greens do look awesome...hopefully I'll be able to get some more greens seasoning soon...
    Love,
    T

    ReplyDelete