Friday, April 24, 2020

Pittsboro!!

Guess where we are?  We decided to make use of the dreary forecast and make the drive back to the house finally after being back in the USA 3 weeks.....



It is so pretty and green here!  The extremely nice neighbors have been keeping the lawn mowed....but there are lots of pine needles and leaves left from the fall/winter.  It does make the place look a little "deserted".   So, I will get out the leaf blower and do a little policing this morning.



We are just here for one day and night.  We haven't made any close contact with anyone - although we did stop the car on the driveway and speak to Dick and Lindy from 10 feet away .  The house was in good shape for having been left on it's own for 6 months.   Only one dead mouse found, no dead bugs, and the plants survived!  (Thanks, Pat and Diane for watering them!) The toilets were a bit moldy and the water had evaporated significantly but other than a slight musty smell all was well. 



I missed the daffodils blooming, although Pat did text me a photo back a couple of months ago.  The irises are just starting to bloom now.  So pretty and delicate!  I just love the fragrance!


And my one lonely azalea is blooming too.


We'll pack up all the lawn equipment and a big list of other tools for the Oriental lot in the truck and trailer and head back to the coast.

4 comments:

  1. Hey K,
    ...fun to see the homestead...did you get your sim card back?
    Love,
    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey T, what sim card? I must be forgetful....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought Richard had your sim card...and I couldn't call you til you got it back...remember when I was in Denver your call was from some Bahamian number...
      Love,
      T

      Delete
  3. Hey - yes, I turned off my Verizon card while we were there and used wifi to do all my calling. (So it showed a weird number when I made calls, not my normal number.) But we turned the Verizon chip back on as soon as we were near the USA and it worked just like usual. Love, K

    ReplyDelete