Monday, February 17, 2020

Hog Cay, Ragged Islands, Bahamas

Warning - food post!


Our friends on Roam were leaving to go to Georgetown so that Michelle could catch a flight to her first grandbabby shower.   I had been talking about the fact that I needed a new recipe for lobster....and Michelle delivered  a care package from her ship's stores for me to be able to make Lobster Pappardelle.  (The recipe called for thyme, but Michelle doesn't like thyme and I only had an Italian mix spice on board .... Jenny from Southern Star volunteered and brought me some thyme.   Cruisers are so nice!!)    Wow, even fresh Italian parsley!!



Chopped up several of the lobster tails.


Added some evaporated milk as a substitute for the cream called for in the recipe.  Those wide egg noddles were delicious!  This was a real hit with the Manta crowd!



I had those papayas that we picked up at Buena Vista....so for a side dish I thought I'd saute them like Leslie did several weeks ago with onions and olive oil.



Chopped up, seeds and all.   I will say that this was not the best....sortof a bitter aftertaste.    I remember Leslie's being better.....Oh well, win some, lose some!




All 3 Manta's contribute something to each meal  -  Leslie added a nice fresh salad and we had a wonderful meal on Sojourn.


And if that all was not enough,  another highlight courtesy of Roam - Ice Cream!!!  We don't normally keep ice cream on board - just takes up too much freezer space.  But Roam had some extra and they gave us a 1/2 gallon.  I made brownies - Cathy made some chocolate sauce and added nuts.  Divine!!!



My goodness, we eat good!!!    Good thing there's lots of snorkeling to do....work off some of these calories.


Here's the recipe Michelle gave me - thanks again to Roam Southern Star for all the goodies!!



1 comment:

  1. Hey K,
    I might do that with some of those lobster mushrooms I got a while back for a Julia Child recipe...I've never had green papaya...but people do save the black seeds from the ripe ones to use as a pepper substitute...so I probably wouldn't like them in a dish...
    Love,
    T

    ReplyDelete