Thursday, November 15, 2018

And we're off!!!

The weather looks good for an offshore run all the way to St. Augustine starting tomorrow afternoon....but an immediate concern made the decision to leave tonight for us.  The water at our home dock was disappearing quickly today when the winds shifted.   We were afraid we wouldn't be able to get out of our slip in the to be safe we pulled away just at dusk.

We're anchored in Brown Creek near River Dunes tonight - we'll take our time tomorrow morning getting to Beaufort where we'll head out the inlet and sail!!   Winds are forecast to be mostly from the North and the waves are only 3-5 feet so should be a decent ride. 

I don't know how much cell coverage we'll have during the next 3 or so days - so don't be alarmed if you don't hear from us! 

1 comment: