Sunday, December 1, 2019

Gun Cay, Bahamas

I had a couple of bananas that were past their prime, almost to the point that they were going to have to be tossed.....so I made some yummy pancakes with them this morning.




Something we've been meaning to do this year is clean the boat bottom of the slime that grows on it during the summer in the brackish water in NC.



Looks like fun, doesn't it?  Really wasn't too bad - I use a "scrubbie pad" that has a handle and just brush away the algae/slime.  Took about an hour to do all that I could reach with snorkel gear.  I could to a more thorough job using SCUBA gear, but I didn't think it was bad enough to warrant using a tank.



Now &Zen called and said they were on their way from Bimini (they had stayed an extra day in the marina).   So we lifted anchor and moved to a spot closer to good snorkeling.

Went out the Cat Cay Cut past the pretty little lighthouse.



Now & Zen arrived with some "stowaways" - Jeanna and Jeff from Meriwether joined them for the couple of days we'll be here.  What fun!



We did a long snorkel - a pretty reef.







Duane speared a nice medium sized hogfish.  




Excellent eating!



And then I spotted a nice sized lobster.  Yum!



Tired but accomplished, we rafted up our boats and had a great evening and meal with the folks on Now & Zen.


1 comment: