Sunday, December 31, 2023

Little Ragged Cut, Ragged Islands, Bahamas

The mid-ship seat on the dinghy has a cushion and pocket contraption - handy but made out of some less-than-Sunbrella outdoor fabric.  I guess it's not too shabby since it did last 24/7 exposed for 4 years.....anyway - it has now deteriorated to the point that it must be addressed.  The ripped area is where my arse sits while we're pounding thru waves with the dinghy.  There is a thin cushion inserted in this area.


 

I had thought I brought some Cadet Grey Sunbrella that matches the dinghy material but I apparently didn't....the only Sunbrella material I have is the Sapphire Blue.  I'm going to do a bit of a re-design to allow more padding for my arse!

Next I sewed two pieces of velcro to the ends.  These will allow me to be able to stuff a thicker piece of foam into a pocket.  (When we get back home in the spring, I don't have any extra foam here and no way to reasonably get any).

 

 

Next was sewing  the new fabric into a sort of "box cushion" covering with the velcro tabs to match the velcro above. This box will allow me to stuff in some 2" foam to make a nice cushion.

 

Using my new clip pins to hold it all in place before sewing.  I LOVE those clips, so much easier than straight pins!

 

All finished with the thin cushion back in place - it will just have to be floppy until we get the thicker cushion.

 

Installed back in the dinghy.  Worked out great!


In the afternoon, Jerry and Donna invited us over for some games.....good fun as always!!  We played a good 'ole game called The Game of 99.  Fun strategy team game (Donna and I were a team, I only messed up a few times...)   The boys team won several rounds.....

 

Then a fun regular card game called 31.  Good simple fun.

 

Several hours later, it was nearing sunset timeframe although it was clear that there would be no visible sunset for us.  There was a crowd on the beach hovering around a small bonfire since it was actually almost chilly!  We weren't necessarily planning to go but I figured that we were already in the dinghy coming back to our boat from Bluejacket, so why not!  Duane told me I had the FOMO condition.  (Fear of Missing Out).  I guess he's right, haha.  Good chat around the fire.

 

The weather is not the vibe we expect - but hopefully this will pass soon and we'll have brilliant sunshine like we prefer!!

 

Ralph shared this drone photo on Facebook so I stole it!!  Sojourn is the first boat on the right in the foreground.  Cool!  (And if you're wondering, Duane has the boom pulled over to keep it from shading the solar panels when the sun peeks out.)





1 comment: