Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Pittsboro, NC

More little chores - these Teva sandals are about 20 years old.  I put them on the other day after a long stent in the back of the closet (several years) thinking that they'd be a good addition on the boat for beach walking.  

 

But unfortunately, whatever glue was holding them together has completely failed.

 

Down to the hangar for a little repair.  We had a tube of weatherstrip adhesive.

 

Applied the gooey stuff to all surfaces.

 

Squeezed the pieces together and clamped for a day or two.  I'll let you know if the fix works!


 

1 comment:

  1. Hey K,
    ...oh no...I have a much loved and worn pair of Tevas about that same age...so I'm thinking it may not bode well for them...I hope your fix works...in case I need a similar fix...but I'll be retiring mine for the season soon...where you're getting ready for yours...
    Love,
    T

    ReplyDelete