Thursday, April 15, 2021

Thompson Bay, Long Island, Bahamas

 We started the morning by a quick trip over to the small grocery store to replenish our fresh veggies.  They had a decent supply, but several of the items I wanted like lettuce and tomatoes were a bit shriveled....I did get several items that will keep us eating well for the next couple of weeks.

 

After putting the groceries away and a quick lunch, Duane asked me if I wanted to go for a beach walk - sure!!  I was going to wear my water shoes, but he said "we'll have to walk on the road for a while so you might want to wear better shoes".   We did end up walking about 1/2 mile on the busy Queen's highway.  Glad I wore actual shoes!

Easily found the trailhead marker on the side of the road.

 

It was a very nice trail, well marked and cleared.  Almost shady so that was welcome!

 

And the opening to the beach was stunning.

 

Beautiful secluded beach.

 

We just explored the beach - came upon this "raft" washed up in the sand made of bamboo poles and floats.  I assume someone rode this thing from Cuba or Haiti....amazing.

 

The view from a rise in the trail on the way back to the boat.



Back at the boat, I needed to get things cooking - we'd invited Mark and Michele from Reach over for sundowners.   I had made pizza dough earlier and left it in the fridge to ferment.  Last minute heated the oven hot and assembled the ingredients - this one just veggies.

 

And this one pepperoni.  Can't believe I didn't snap a photo of the finished pies.  They were OK....I didn't get the crust quite right, a little too thick.  No one complained though....


And I can't believe I didn't snap a photo of Mark and Michele - but we had a nice visit, chatting about boats and plans.  (They're former Manta owners and have a wealth of knowledge!)  A lovely sunset and a lovely evening.


We'll move about 25 miles north tomorrow in light winds to the northern tip of Long Island.

1 comment:

  1. Hey K,
    ...nice store...nice trails...nice views...and nice sunset...
    Love,
    T

    ReplyDelete