Friday, August 28, 2026

Pittsboro, NC

 We're  just enjoying our days lately.  Duane has been doing some chores outside.  I've been spending probably too much time getting organized and packed for our upcoming trip.  We're just doing carry-on luggage, so it gets pretty interesting packing our one bag each.  We'll start in Budapest with warm sunny days, so shorts weather.  By the time we get to Amsterdam, it will be cool and rainy requiring long sleeves and jackets.  So packing is tricky!

  

Luckily, it appears that the European region has been getting some spotty rainfall making the rivers rise at least somewhat.  We are hoping by the time we get there the river levels will be more normal and that we will be able to have a good trip actually on the boat instead of being bussed around like some unfortunate folks lately.

I got our "official" luggage tags in the mail today.  

 

 

Since I hate having to find an ATM in a foreign country, we went to the credit union and got some dollars swapped for Euros.....they can be used most of the trip, except when we are in Hungary.  For currency they use the Forint.  We will likely be able to use our credit cards for most everything.....Forints will be hard to figure out anyway - 1 US dollar is 316 Forints.... 





2 comments:

  1. We will send rainy thoughts to Europe until you are ready to leave

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to your reports of the trip. And also sending rainy thoughts to Europe for youi.

    ReplyDelete