Saturday, September 16, 2023

Pittsboro, NC

 We have a large canvas bag of tools on the boat that is always in disarray.  I had left over Phifertex from the salon window shades last year so I decided to make some pouches to organize the wrenches.  First, the metric ones.

Planning how to lay it all out.


 

Using a white erasable marker to plan the pockets.

 


 

I had leftover navy colored vinyl binding as well, so I used that to finish all the edges.

 

Continued the stitching and added a tie on one end.


All done and at no added cost!  And I made an identical one for the SAE wrenches too....


 

And then I decided that the screwdrivers, pliers and ratchets needed a more organized home as well.  These just got basic bags made out of some outdoor fabric. 



All done!  Hopefully this will make the "tool hunt" a little easier on the boat!

 



1 comment:

  1. The spanner slot bags last really well. I add a layer of toweling on the inside so it soaks up any muck on the spanner without leaching onto the outer fabric.
    I like your idea on dividing up the screwdrivers.

    ReplyDelete