Monday, May 22, 2023

Pittsboro, NC

 I have finally sat down at my computer for a brief hello.

We ended our several week stay in the mountains with a fun but rowdy Chinese Buffet with Keith, Denise and my Mom....was so.much.food.....I know, I know....I don't get out much.

 

Time to head home. Leaving the Asheville Airport exit onto the interstate - I'm following Duane who is driving the mini-van.  We had driven to the mountains in separate vehicles.  I drove the mini-van and had a little "transmission" issue climbing Old Fort Mountain several weeks ago.  We hadn't been able to re-create the problem, so we thought we'd just drive it home and figure it out later.  I am telling you all this because.....

 

Around Marion, the transmission decided to completely stop working....so a quick decision was made that it wasn't worth fixing.  It's been a great extra vehicle for over 10 years, but time to say goodbye.  It will be missed by many of our boating friends who have borrowed it at the dock in Oriental!!  Off to the the junkyard in Marion and we continued in our "good" car to Pittsboro with minimal fuss.

 

And when we arrived at the house, there was a birthday surprise waiting for me!  (Yep, I tried to make this particular birthday pass un-noticed although I did get lots of well wishes and cards and one very nice "Red, Red, Wine" long distance seranade)  

But my sweet friends Dee and Nicholas from Meshugga obviously "DO" birthdays!  They sent me a little care pkg to brighten things up a bit - I bet you never thought you'd see Karen in a tiara, did you???  Good fun - thanks guys.


 

We'll be doing some chores around the house and the airport for a little while now.  Feels good to be back.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you are home safe and sound. Janet M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad Dee and Nicholas got the number wrong - Happy 49th birthday

    ReplyDelete
  3. You’re welcome 🥰 got to make a fuss of such an amazing friend for her Big Six O.
    Good to see you’re back home. 🤩

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tiara is a good look for you! Gonna miss that old van.

    ReplyDelete