Saturday, December 11, 2021

Bennett's Harbour, Cat Island, Bahamas

 Out for another snorkel in the morning.



 

Duane spotted a good sized lion fish  and easily speared it.  (Lionfish are non-native and invasive so we are encouraged to take as many as we can.  They are excellent food fish but you have to be very careful of those lovely poisonous spines!)



 

A little video - this reef is so healthy and full of life!


 

Back to the boat - Duane cut off all the poisonous spines of the lionfish - ready for me to clean it.  (I still wear gloves just in case!)


 Mid-day we dinghied to shore - and walked 1.5 miles to Kessie's Restaurant.  Nothing much of interest along the road and little traffic.  (I had read it was 1/2 of a mile from the "town" so 1.5 miles was disappointing!)

 

But once we had a cold Kalik in hand, all was well.

 

I had to take a photo of the placemant - nicely done!  I may try to replicate if I end up with palm fronds this season.

 

The first cracked conch of the season for me.  It was delicious!

 

Back to Sojourn, we're still the only boat in the anchorage.

 

But a little roll from the south was tossing the boat around in the anchorage when we returned, so we decided to head 5 miles south to a more protected anchorage.  Used that hour to do some much needed laundry.  I bet we were the sight motoring along with clothes flapping!

 


 

Pretty little Bennett's Harbour for the night.  No other boats around and we've seen no one ashore.  Maybe a bit early for holiday travelers.



No comments:

Post a Comment