Monday, November 15, 2021

Vero Beach, FL

 Not a lot to report, just a long day motoring down the intercoastal waterway.  Up at sunrise and off the dock at Cocoa.

 

I think I'd planned to take some photos of the big houses along the waterway....but I apparently lost interest as this is the only photo I took of them!

Made it to Vero Beach City Marina in the late afternoon.  The folks from Salty Mare came by in their dinghy to say hello (the trawler we exchanged photos with a few days ago).  We're both here for at least a week so we'll probably cross paths with them again.  

Filled up with fuel/water - mundane stuff.

And then around sunset, inside the boat just got this lovely pink glow so I stepped outside and took a photo facing forward and aft. 



I had read an article on CNN yesterday about the notorious bank robber from the 70's - he was inspired by the movie The Thomas Crown affair.  I was intrigued by the story so I looked for both the 1968 version starring Steve McQueen/Faye Dunaway and a 1999 version starring Pierce Bronson/Rene Russo.   We watched the 1968 version and it was interesting but very 60-ish with weird music and camera angles.  We'll watch the 1999 version tonight if we stay awake that long!

1 comment:

  1. Hey K,
    ...pretty...pretty sunrise and sunsets...that's interesting about the crime too...I'd never heard that...
    Love,
    T

    ReplyDelete