Sunday, February 11, 2024

Hog Cay, Ragged Islands, Bahamas

 In the morning about 6 boats were heading towards Hog Cay from the cut....too crowded for our taste so we pulled anchor and headed just to the north for a quieter anchorage.

 

 

After lunch we went for a refreshing snorkel.  Seems like forever since we've been in the water.  Not a lot of coral structure but some nice little heads.


 

I saw a small turtle resting in the coral.  I was able to hover just above it without spooking it.

 

 

 I'm pretty sure it was unaware that I was overhead.

 


It eventually did swim away but not the "mad dash" that they usually do when they spot a human.  I noticed as it swam away that it only had 3 legs.  Seemed to swim OK but I suspect nature will take care of it.


 Just enjoyed a nice long snorkel.

 

 

And then I saw a large ray as he was "hiding" in the sand.

 


 Just a really lovely day - lots of solar charging!

 

Back to Sojourn.


 

2 comments:

  1. How weird. When you watch yr first turtle video you see both back legs, but in the second on the LH back leg. 🤷‍♀️hopefully it’s got all 4 and one was just tucked under 🤷‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dee, yes I see that flipper now. Wonder if that leg is just injured and it’s protecting itself. Hopefully it will be all right.

    ReplyDelete