Saturday, March 11, 2023

Little Ragged Cut, Ragged Islands, Bahamas

Meshugga had arrived overnite from Georgetown - they came over and delivered a few groceries that they had kindly offered to bring to us from the store there!  Nice to have them back - parked in their "normal" spot just at sunrise.


Beautiful sunny day!

I finally got around to making some caramel corn using Dean's recipe....it requires 5 bags of microwave popcorn.  I don't think I've told you - but my microwave died an electrical death about a week ago.  I am sad about that!!  There is no way to replace it here - well, I could probably order one from the mailboat somehow but I have to have an exact size to fit in the small cubby-hole....anyhoooo.....back to the caramel corn story....

So I just opened each bag of popcorn (I didn't have loose popcorn kernels of corn) and popped them in a pot.  It worked just fine.

 

It was a LOT of popcorn!

 

The caramel sauce was easy - Dean & Kris had given me a bottle of Karo light corn syrup as I didn't have that in my stores.

 

The last ingredient was some baking soda - I was surprised at the foamy reaction!

 

Pour the sauce over the popcorn.

 

Mix it all around and bake at 250 degrees F for 40 minutes, stirring in between.

 

Mine turned out a bit "crunchier" than Dean's....and I had a bit of a disaster with one pan that I baked too close to the burner....but let's not discuss that!  Very yummy, though.  Very similar to Cracker Jacks.

 

Towards evening, most of the boats in the anchorage came ashore for a bit of happy hour/sunset.


 

No sunset to speak of....the winter is fading and the setting sun is now too far north to see it over the watery horizon.  The trees along the shore will preclude a green flash for the rest of the season.



2 comments:

  1. is the carmel corn gone yet? Dean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost all gone. It’s evil👹👺👿

      Delete