Saturday, June 10, 2023

Concord, NC

Duane has driven up to the mountains again to help out his folks.   I stayed behind and got caught up on some airport work.  Since I didn't have Duane to go home to yesterday evening, I drove the 45 minutes to Concord to visit with my sweet sissie and her hubby.

 

We went into downtown Concord to a new pizza place.  Yummy basil/fresh mozzarella with balsamic glaze pizza for me.

 

Back at the house after a lovely dinner, I had brought one of my favorite hanging kitchen towels to my resident-string-fixer.....she had it repaired in a jiffy!

 

Good as new!

Then they whipped out the birthday celebration.  We'd not been together since my birthday....fun pressies - some of the "Greens Seasoning" that I have not been able to find....a couple of beautiful colored dish cloths and a great "scrubbie".  (I had selfishly told her before that the lovely white ones she makes turn an awful color on the boat since I don't really do "bleach loads" on the boat).  And our boomerang birthday card, we've been sending the same card for many, many years back-and-forth.
 

A close up of the dishrag - a sailboat if you hadn't noticed!!


 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, your sister is really talented. Love the detail in the blue dishrag.

    ReplyDelete