Monday, May 17, 2021

Pittsboro, NC

We had the kids over for dinner the first time since our return.   

Since my sis uses a George Forman Grill for a lot of cooking, I decided to run down to the PTA thrift shop in town and see if they had one - sure enough - they had 3!  The price was $4.  (The first one I got actually didn't work, so I took that back and traded for one that does work.)

 


 

 I'm tickled with the results.  I marinated tofu and grilled it.  Then I grilled a bunch of squash but  forgot to take a photo of the squash.  It turned out lovely and browned as well.

 

For Robert and I,  seared tuna and wahoo.  Yum!!

 

We took a stroll around the house to look at the newly grassed area.

 

And then we measured the big pine tree.  Apparently there is a tree that Richard and Miranda have seen somewhere and there is a question about which tree is bigger.....I'll update when I hear!

 

And to cap off a wonderful evening, games of pool!



Miranda concentrating on her next shot.


 We were playing doubles - good fun.  We played several rounds - and various folks won.



 

2 comments:

  1. Hey K,
    ...what fun to see the 'boys'...and your Foreman Grilled tofu does look delicious...what did you use for marinade...
    Love,
    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey T, just bottled General Tso's sauce plus some extra soy sauce. I soaked it all day so it really sunk into the tofu. I also baked it for about an hour at 300 to dry it out a bit and keep it warm while I was grilling the other items on the George Foreman.

    ReplyDelete