Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Pittsboro, NC

 Today was mostly about sewing.  

One of the original enclosure panels had "broken" - so I needed to replace it.  (Just the clear vinyl).

 


 

So I taped paper over the broken area - and laid out the new vinyl.  (I didn't want the stiff/sharp broken area marring my brand new vinyl).  I just enough vinyl left over from the replacement project 2 years ago so I didn't have to buy another expensive roll.   Hard to see, of course because it's clear - but the new vinyl is just a rectangle that will be sewn along the edges.

 

Once the vinyl is sewn in place we used a seam-ripper to trim all the excess away along the edges.  Then we turned it over and used the seam ripper to cut away the old broken vinyl.  It's not a perfect solution, but it will get this panel thru another few years.

In addition, I replaced the zipper at the base which had become difficult to use.


 

And next up was a boxy bag made out of rip-stop nylon.  This will keep our little 2.5 gallon Shop Vac and all it's hoses and fittings in one place.



And the contractor was here all day, smoothing the dirt.  Tomorrow he'll do the final smoothing and the landscape guy will be here to sew the grass seed! 


1 comment:

  1. ...nice and clear...it looks just like new...looking forward to photos of the dirt...haha...
    Love,
    T

    ReplyDelete