Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Oriental, NC

 Today is probably the last day at Oriental!!  And a very chilly one at that....my fridge is jam-packed full, is so we left items outside in the cockpit to stay chilled.  (And we're having an awful fruit-fly issue so I hoped to slow them down a bit with the 34 degree overnight temp.)

 

With little left on the "to do" list, we decided on a big job....take all the food stores out and organize them.  As I brought the provisions on board, I didn't do a good job of keeping them separated, just tossed them into random crates.  I knew better, I just was lazy.  

So, we just plunged in and did it.  Put everything that was "alike" in bins.


 

Like this bin is full of condiments and pickles.



The cabinet in the guest cabin is loaded and recorded as well with staples.

 

And this is what 6 months of provisions looks like....we'll supplement with fresh items regularly, of course.



I made a detailed spreadsheet with all the items and their respective locations.  Now when a recipe calls for "capers" I know to go look in Bin #5.

 


 

1 comment:

  1. So neat to see all your stores...and good idea about the chiller...
    Love,
    T

    ReplyDelete