Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Hog Cay, Ragged Islands, Bahamas

 Looks like our little slice of paradise with just a few boats has grown into a small community.  There are now 13 boats anchored off Hog Cay.  The additional boats have all been in the northern anchorages for the past week or more. (So the assumption is that we continue to have a Covid-free environment here)   They've moved down south to Hog Cay, I assume because we have some stronger winds for the next few days.

 

 

We dinghied to the next little cove for a walk-about.

 

 

 

A few days ago when we went on a walk I got a terrible blister on my heel from my Top-sider boat shoes.  So this time I dug out some old water-sandals.  These had been in my closet at home for 10-15 years.  I didn't wear them much because they were functional but butt-ugly.  I'm over that now in my old age so I brought them to the boat.  Anyhoo, about 1/4 mile from the dinghy, they started to "let go".  Apparently the glue had failed. 

 

 

 

This normally would have been a no-go for the remainder of the walk since there are many rocks and buried things in the sand.....but luckily, I had water shoes in the dinghy!  So, we walked back to the dinghy and made the change.

 


Back to the walk - thru the brambles to the other side of the bay.

 

Just a lovely area.

 

 

Back on a different trail - a small salt pond.

 

 

 

This trail leads to the open ocean side - you know you're getting close when the sand starts to overtake the brambles.

 

 

And it opens out onto a lovely beach.

 


 

And the trail back to the dinghy is marked by flotsam hanging on a bush.  



1 comment:

  1. Hey K,
    ...so glad you had the extra shoes and didn't have to spoil your outing...sorry you got a blister though...
    Love,
    T

    ReplyDelete