Wednesday, October 21, 2020

New Bern, NC

 Duane finally got the rudder post out of the boat.  He had to disassemble the steering system and then not-so-gently coax the rod out of it's sheath.   Off to the machine shop about 15 minutes away - they'll clean up the 2" solid stainless rod and fabricate a new piece of stainless flat stock for the assembly.  Should be ready by Friday.

 

And the rudder body is cut down further awaiting re-assembly with the new rod and new foam/fiberglass.  That all has to wait until Friday when we get the rod back of course.

I did some errands including 3 loads of clothes at the laundramat.  I dislike that facet of life off the boat....I can't use my onboard washer/dryer because I don't have a way to drain the water (the wash water is normally just pumped into the sea).   


Tomorrow I must tackle the interior of the boat - as it always does during projects - it's gotten in a huge disarray. At this point, it's hard to find stuff.....ah the joys of boatyard life. 




2 comments:

  1. ...too bad about the washer...I thought y'all were staying at the camper....not on the boat...and I'm definitely familiar with that type of mess...haha...
    Love,
    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey T, yes, we are staying in the camper. A bit more cramped than the boat!

    ReplyDelete