Friday, July 19, 2024

Pittsboro, NC

Sorry, but this post is all about veggies again..

Lindy offered up some veggies and the chance for me to pick more.  They were going on a short trip and she told me to get what I wanted out of their garden.  

You know you don't have to ask me twice!

 


Okra quickly tossed in corn meal and fried up.

They have a lot of green peppers - I picked a bunch off a bush that was wilting and would be dead soon.  These look a bit sad but I chopped them up and froze them for use in stews later.


Their tomatoes are on their last legs.  I think the heat has made gardening this year a bit of a challenge.  But the tomatoes are yummy even if they're not pretty!

They cucumbers are still going strong....the cherry tomatoes are about finished though.


I pulled a few ears of corn.  They're great tasting but a little funky pollination makes for some weird ears.

And I picked some jalapenos - added these to the ones Denise gave me....I can't use them all so chopped up.....





Corn and jalapenos headed for the freezer.

And the last thing I did this afternoon was fry up a bunch of the yellow summer squash for Keith and Denise's garden. 


No comments:

Post a Comment