Saturday, August 15, 2020

Pittsboro, NC

 We went to the eye doctor for the first time in several years.  I finally need bifocals.  When we got to the area to purchase glasses, the assistant told me that it would be over $400 for a basic pair of glasses.  That is ridiculous!!  So I had her print out my prescription, paid $98 for the exam and left.

I went to Zenni.com and used their "Try On" feature to pick out a couple of pairs of glasses.

It's sortof fun - here's what the screen looks like when you "try on" any number of glasses.  (You upload a photo of yourself and then pick from 400 or so frames - a click of the mouse put the glasses on your face.  You can even make it twist your head so you can see the glasses from the side.  Kinda cool!)



Bottom line, I ordered 2 pairs of progressive lens glasses, one with polaraized sunglass tint.  My total bill was $112!

They will be here in about 10 days - I'll post photos when they arrive.



1 comment:

  1. Hey K,
    ...how neat is that...are those the frames you actually chose...they're very cute on you!
    Love,
    T

    ReplyDelete